Pull up a chair, it might be a while.






Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Love, Love...

It is February, and it seems like a good month to declare my love and currently there are a few things that I really, really love. I would like to dedicate this post to my current obsessions.

First. I love tea. Tea, tea, tea. I love tea. I am at this moment finishing a nice hot mug of sweet, ginger tea....mmmm. I have boxes upon boxes of tea stashed in my room (for lack of space in the kitchen that I share with four other girls). Tea before bed is wonderful. It calms me down and helps me relax so that I can get some wholesome rest...and everyone knows how good that feels.

Second. I love the Utah Jazz (I can attribute this love to a very special person, and will probably never be able to thank them enough for it). I love the crowd. I love the noise. I love the adrenaline. I love Al Jefferson! He is my main-man and he gets far less attention than he deserves. He is my favorite. And he just made a shot...GO JAZZ!

Third. I love nail polish. I have way too many colors for my own good, but I love that I can express my mood through the color of my nails, or add some spice to an outfit, or support the Jazz by sporting their colors. Nail polish is just SO fun!

Fourth. I love Nike. Nike, Nike...they make some quality running shoes. They cradle my feet like little clouds. Al Jefferson just made another shot! Foul! Woo! I bought four new pairs in the past four months...and I love every one of them. Plus, they can be customized!

Fifth. I love House. I love his blatant attitude. I love his limp. I love his genius. I love his romance. I love his scruffy face...plus the show is entertaining, and I love being able to try to guess what is wrong with the patients...I'm always wrong, but I love it none-the-less.

Sixth. I love sushi. The lovely spice of the Vegas roll. The clean California roll. The kick of the playboy roll. The sweetness of the japan roll. I love it all...I also love miso soup. Simple and amazing.

Seventh. I love rock climbing...specifically bouldering. I love the stinging in my hands after a good run on the wall. I love the burning in my arms. Call me crazy, but I love the tendinitis. I love the pain...because I love the satisfaction of reaching the top, of hitting that final hold.

Eighth. I love my big bed. I love being able to sprawl across it at night with my teddy bears and soft blankets. I love that it is tall enough that I nearly have to jump to get on it. I love that I have enough room to spread all of my books and notebooks and still be able to lay down while I do my homework or read my scriptures.

Ninth. I love swimming. I love gliding through the water like a fish. I love losing myself in my thoughts while I get a work out. I love the burn in my shoulders and legs and core. I love the rhythm of swimming. I love being surrounded by potentially fatal amounts of water, but knowing that I have control over it.

Finally, I will end with ten (the list could go on, but I will limit myself), I love multi-tasking on the iPad. I love that I can check my email, or do research while still jamming out to Pandora or the iPod. I love that I can resume my game right where I was after sending a quick email or taking a note for my class.

This is a list of ten things that I love right now. I love, love. I love being in love...
Oh...yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment