Pull up a chair, it might be a while.






Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Facade.

I have noticed an element of surprise in the reactions of recent acquaintances when they learn that my major is biotechnology. The initial shock is entertaining to observe, because I know that my appearance doesn't fit the stereotypical 'nerdy-look'. Luckily, I found an accessory to create the facade that is expected with the pronouncement of my major. My secret....glasses. I noticed that when I started wearing glasses people seemed to be initially more accepting to the idea that I could be involved in a major that actually requires intellectual skill. Beside that, I like the way my glasses frame my face, they are a good way to hide my face on the days that I jump out of bed and have to sprint to the bus, and it's a really good way to change up an outfit without breaking the bank. I have excellent vision:) which is lucky for me, since it is far less expensive to buy frames that don't have any prescription at all:) Now ladies, a tip from someone with experience...glasses make people believe you are smart....er.

1 comment:

  1. you're just lucky you have the option of NOT wearing them when you dont want to... unlike me.

    ReplyDelete