Pull up a chair, it might be a while.






Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Post-euphoric


I think that this is something people may be able to understand a little bit better during the Christmas season. Everybody has experienced the temporary high and the excitement that comes with new things, and it's all fine and dandy, but what happens when that feeling wears off? The new and exciting can become no more than a hassle, something that takes up space, something that demands attention. What was the best thing in the world gets shoved in the corner. How many people think about that before they ask for an item or an experience? I doubt that I am the first to admit it, but I am not very good at it. I get myself into situations that come with a substantial amount of 'happiness'...only to later crash and burn.What can I do to stop this? Get myself out of the traffic I cram into my lifestyle. Sit back and take a minute to look at the big picture. I need to evaluate what is important to me and how I am going to feel in the end. I've built a chaotic lifestyle. My busy schedule is my drug, and I am an addict trying to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment